How we price our cottages
Our Cottage Rental Prices & how they are worked out
The prices we charge are set according to the number of people the property sleeps, location and rating of the property. These prices are subject to change from time to time, however the only change you may encounter on the price quoted when you book is in the event of times of high inflation when the Consumer Prices Index is 10% or higher. Details of this can be found in the booking terms and conditions.
If the holiday booking is made more than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the start date we request a 25% deposit of the rental plus the booking charge and any card charges at the time of booking with the balance due 56 days prior to your holiday. You will be sent an email with a link to pay 56 days prior to your holiday start date to the email address you give us when you book. If the holiday is less than 8 weeks (56 days) away we will request the full amount of the rental plus the booking charge and any card charges at the time of booking.
We have varying price structures depending on the time of year these are low, mid, high, peak and sometimes even separate pricing for Christmas/New Year. Unlike many other services, we do not band cottages into the same price ranges. Almost all of our cottages have individual rates special to every one.
To find the price and book for any particular period;
- Click on the cottage you are interested in
- Once in the detailed page for that cottage you will see a booking calendar to the right hand side.
- Change the month on the calendar to the one you require.
- If there is no availability the calendar will be red and no price will appear. If the calendar has green or white spaces then there is availability.
- To find the price for your holiday use the drop down menu just above the calendar. Some cottages can take any arrangement of start days and finish days.
- First use the drop down menu above the calendar to select the correct number of people.
- Then use the drop down "adjust duration" menu for number of days you wish to stay (up to 31 days maximum).
- Once you have the correct number of people and stay length, click the date on the calendar you wish to start your holiday, it should be in green (if it is in red then that start date is not available) the price for your holiday will then appear below the calendar. At this stage you do not need to disclose any personal information.
- If the start date you require is not highlighted in green but is white, the property you are interested in does not do arrivals on that day, but the day is available, please ring us if the start day is a must and we can ask the homeowner to make an exception or suggest something else suitable for you.
- Click the book now button below the price to book your holiday. This will take you through the screens for booking (name, address, guest details, email address etc.).
- Once the personal information is complete it will ask you to select Debit Card (no charge) or credit card (3.3% charge) for payment.
- Once you are happy with everything and wish to proceed to payment for your holiday, click the button and the system will take you to Sagepay. Sagepay is a secure payment site which will ask you to put in your card details, some banks require you to fill in an extra box on their website with your user name and password, (Do not panic this is standard procedure for many banks these days) Once filled in, the system will tell you your payment is complete. Please leave 30 seconds or so for the sagepay system to process the information and send it back to our system showing your payment, this will trigger the confirmation emails.
- You should receive an email almost instantaneously from Sagepay as well as from Country Holiday Lets confirming your booking and all the details. Please also check your junk box as sometimes some servers erroneously place emails there. If you have not received confirmation within 24 hours please contact us on 01568 612467 and we will send it to you again.
BOOKINGS AND BOOKING PERIODS
Short Breaks, Autumn Breaks, Winter Breaks, Summer Breaks, Romantic Breaks, Mid Week Breaks, Walking Breaks, Golfing Breaks, Cycling Breaks, Pamper Breaks, Hen Party Breaks, Family Reunions, House Party Breaks......
We offer short break holidays whenever possible, even during the school holidays on some cottages, as these are becoming increasingly popular. It is of course, better value to book for 7 nights but we understand that some people may have limited holidays to take or may just prefer to take short breaks. Some of our cottages will offer any permutation of start and finish days but it is nearly always necessary to book for three nights more due to the cost of changeovers.
We normally have our holiday cottages ready for you from 4.00pm and departure time on your last day is normally 10.00am, Individual cottages may vary and these again are specified in the cottage details. We do try to be flexible with these times, especially for short break bookings. Please let us know when you book, what times would be ideal and we will try to accommodate you, it's not always possible but we will try our best to fit into your schedule.
Many people who book a short break in our area, normally return for a longer stay, there is a huge amount to see and do in Herefordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire Borders and the Welsh Marches. See our Events Calendar , Attractions and Where to Eat for more details.
Some properties may have additional charges over and above the rental of the property for example accommodating your pet, security deposit, heating charge etc. This will be made clear on the property description page.
All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
We do not use a standard tick box system for all lets but rate them according to category: Standard; Formula; Special. The principle of number of stars varies depending on category. Standard lets are usually converted residential properties. Formula lets and usually either built for purpose or fully configured for purpose, such as converted barns. Special lets could include, for instance, apartments in a medieval priory or a converted artists studio with attached bedroom and shower. Where facilities may command only three stars for a formula let, for a special, they could be four or even five stars. The nature of the holiday let is, thus, taken into account when awarding the stars you see on the cottage descriptions.
We charge a booking fee of £35.00 per property, per booking (whether short break or longer) for our services, this is included in the Cottage Price info given below the calendar. We accept payment by cheque, debit cards and credit cards (Visa or MasterCard) or Cardnet, no charge for debit cards but a charge of 3.3% is made for the use of credit cards, we apologise for this but we are charged for this service. All credit card charges are equal to or below the cost to us. All prices are inclusive of any vat applicable.
We have a number of cottages who offer extra things to our customers, these are listed in the individual cottage details so look out for them.
Arrival Dinner, Stabling for your horses, Quality Breakfast
Our changeover days are normally Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays. We are happy to take weekly bookings or Short Break bookings on days other than a Friday, for many cottages. Our online booking system will allow you to make bookings for any start day the homeowner has agreed to. Always feel free to ring us on 01568 612467 if you cannot find what you are looking for.
We always recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance. If for any reason you need to cancel your holiday booking, charges may need to be covered, depending on how close to the holiday date the cancellation occurs. See our terms and conditions for full details. We recommend you take holiday cancellation insurance. We recommend a choice of providers: Cancellation Plan Guest First Holiday Safe
Special Dates may vary slightly per region of the country with regard to school holidays. To check dates in your area this is a great website to use School Holiday Dates